Friday, April 3, 2009

Wow....it's April!

The past few weeks have gone by pretty fast, but the whole waiting for our family has been painfully slow. Dave called the CAS last week to see if there was anything new and our SW told us it has been really slow, but when kids are available it happens really fast. I was dissapointed to hear there was no news, but have given my dissapointment to God. He confirmed with me that last week was not his time and I was able to get through the rest of the week trusting his perfect plan.

Although Dave and I have been hopeful each and every day that "today would be the day" we have also felt the Spring time was when it would happen. I specifically would get these little whispers that would say " it will happen around your anniversary". I actually did not want to hear that simply because April seemed so far off, but yesterday morning I got really excited when I realized our 10 year anniversary is today! We started dating on Easter long weekend, and assumed our anniversary was next week, but when looking on the calendar I discovered our first date was April 3rd 2009!

So I have been eagerly seeking God's will for our adoption, asking for wisdom and confirmation if the time is coming and patience and understanding if we are still to wait. Dave and I are very different this way; I wake up each morning asking to be blessed that day, but to be given wisdom if that day was not his will. Dave is fine to just wait and trust on God's plan. We both want the blessing of children equally as much, but deal with waiting very differently.

A coworker of mine has had some dreams about our adoption and I am hoping they were blessings of encouragement from God. She has had two other dreams this past year that she has shared with me about work stuff and both of them have come true. One was that our office got broken into and it did, the other was that a coworker left and that also happened right after she told me. She had a dream a month ago that she spent the summer with my replacement who was this guy Dan, since I was gone with the kids. Even better, she had a dream last week that I hired Dan and two days after he started I got "the" call. When she told me the dream last Friday it was actually the same day that I was going to be calling Dan to offer him the job, so already one part of her dream I knew was true. Dan started on Wednesday! Two days later is today, our anniversary! I had never really had any experience with visions in dreams, but after some reading last night I discovered that God does use dreams to communicate with us - "Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream" (Num. 12:6).

I TRUST that God's plan is more perfect than my own and I confidently wait on Him. I also trust that he is working in me to understand his will and do feel an overwhelming confidence from the Holy Spirit that the time is coming.

So I still wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment