Monday, April 13, 2009

Waiting on You Lord!

I hope you all had a fantastic Easter! I had 5 days off and am now dreading going back to work tomorrow.

As I am sure you are aware we are still WAITING! We are also still hopeful and confident it will happen soon. We have been told on many occassions lately about kids that are coming availble from friends who are teachers, social workers and foster parents. They all want us to persue the kids they know, but we want God to be the match maker for us. My heart goes out to all of those kids and I wish I could take them all, but we want to follow God's plans for our life.

Dave has also been patiently waiting for a Government job at Stats Canada. He applied in May and after many rounds of testing and interviews got accepted into the pool in January. He knows the government is super slow, but he is really tired of his job and is looking forward to getting the official job offer. I really hope God will bless him soon!

God has done some pretty amazing things for us since we have been married. We actually got married without having jobs and our parents were not too thrilled about that, but we trusted that we would be taken care of and Dave got the call while we were on our honeymoon.

I spent two years trying to persue my dream of teaching to find out that God had much better plans for me. His will was for me to work in Residence Life, he took us to Edmonton where we spent two years and then provided me with the amazing job I have at Algonquin.

We really have been blessed and He has shown us how amazing things can be when we trust in Him. He has perfect plans and we cannot wait to find out more about His plans for our adoption....

No comments:

Post a Comment